Here we go.

04 November 2012

dig

¡Pepitas!  
My recipe is as follows: the seeds of one pumpkin, 1/4 t onion powder, garlic powder + chili powder (the kind from the Mexican grocery), 1/8 t of cayenne, 1/4 t + five shakes of salt. 1 T of good olive oil.  After you extract the seeds, rinse them under cold water, dry on a paper towel.  In a bowl goes the olive oil.  Add the seeds.  Mix the spices together, toss them into the bowl, and mix well with your hand.  Spread on a cookie sheet and put into a 350 preheated oven for roughly 25-30 or until toasted, with a little midway tossing somewhere in there.  These disappear quickly.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Open, pour over ice.  This stuff is not for amateurs.  Maybe split the bottle with someone you love? Otherwise, woof.  Jet fuel.  I've warned you.  Don't get me wrong, it's delicious, which is part of the problem.  Just...be careful.  
1146984C-EE93-4D7E-B3B6-8E48BC920ED7-1934-000001183D42AC8C

Well, we finally got our bumper fixed, which means we don't have to rent cars for trips.  It warn't cheap and our savings took a hit, so be careful in your little plastic automobiles! You are looking at a fixed bumper:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


This gem was on the Michael Mayer RA mix that I posted earlier. An impeccably dark, mournful autumnal hymn.  Total standout:


We drove towards Stuttgart, AR today in hopes of seeing massive gaggles of migrating geese.  We were able to find them, but unable to get as close as we have in the past.  It's still a sight to behold.  We found three groups; this is the first and biggest one.  Even though we were quiet & careful, they sensed us and panicked before we could get a proper shot:


Here's the third gaggle.  These guys couldn't be bothered, but I didn't get any closer as I was feeling uneasy because I was trespassing on some private property and I was in pretty deep:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The wetlands and rice attract ducks and geese:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Rice spilled on the side of the highway:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The black waters of water tupelo. We haven't seen them with autumn leaves before.  This particular lot extends back for an eternity:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

2 comments:

nicole said...

You two are the king and queen of adventuring! Love it! xo.

AMD & KMHD said...

Nicole, Andrew is a great driver because he always honors my request to pull over just so I can take a damn picture. We do have fun!

Blog Archive